#2 Sponge Cake & Vanilla Icing recipe || Mauro and Adelmar Hey You! Let’s Cook!
Mauro and Adelmar, two hilarious teenagers which together as a team baked two Sponge Cakes and added vanilla icing for ‘Hey You! Let’s Cook!’ The dream team!
Prior recording they watched Maria’s Spaghetti & Meatballs recipe video causing positive reactions: “This is going to be quick!” Adelmar said. “Yeah one take straight, that is it…” Mauro added.
5 hours and 30 minutes roughly was the time it took us to record a 10 minutes video. Bloopers, laughs and 2 cakes were baked as the first one did not quite ended as planned. (Watch behind the scenes below)
Sponge Cake & Vanilla Icing
- Icing Sugar
- Eggs (2)
- Vanilla extract (sufficiently)
How to make Sponge Cake & Vanilla Icing?
- Mix 125g/4oz of sugar and 125g/4oz of flour in your mixing bowl.
- Add 125g/4oz of butter and continue to mix.
- In a Cake pan, spread sufficiently butter and flour.
- Once the sugar, flour and butter is mixed add 2 eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix all the ingredients until appears a golden creamy texture.
- Place it in your Cake pan.
- Put it the oven for 30 minutes, but after 20 minutes check it using a toothpick.
- While is baking, in another mixing bowl mix 3 cups of icing sugar, 125g/4oz of butter, 2 tablespoons of milk and vanilla extract.
- Once the cake and vanilla icing are ready, add the icing on top of the cake.
Ready to Eat!
Contact Mauro and Adelmar: